02 October 2009

NORMAL SERVICE WILL RESUME....TRUST ME

This week I wrote a column that I decided was nothing short of brilliant. Unfortunately, I have flu and was running a high fever at the time of my epiphany, so my judgement may have been a bit off and the article may not be as good as I think. Nevertheless, while under the spell of illness I decided, because of the subject matter (newspapers), I should submit it to The Washington Post for inclusion in their Op-Ed section.

Unfortunately, one of the requirements of the Washington Post is that anything they consider for publication cannot already be published in any other medium, including a personal blog, which means I can't post it here tomorrow as scheduled.

But don't despair, readers. I'm sure the professionals at the Washington Post will do the right thing and kick it back to me with the usual "Thanks, but no thanks" at which time I can publish it here. If they have well and truly lost their minds and decide my bit of nonsense is exactly what the Washington Post is looking for, after picking myself up off the floor I will include a link to it at that time.

At any rate, normal service at Notes From The Light Side will resume next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment